- 鶏もも肉 １枚 (chicken momo meat =P) — I used two chicken legs (de-boned and cut in even pieces)
- 玉ねぎ １個 (one large white onion works quite nicely for me)
- 卵 ４～６個 (4 to 6 eggs. I only used 3, probably should use more)
- 三つ葉 １束 (a bunch of 3 leaves something?! I used 3 fresh shitake mushrooms instead)
- ご飯・丼 ４杯分 (cooked rice)
- だし汁 ２カップ (2 cups of dashi — a can of chicken broth is a much simpler substitute. The taste is still pretty authentic)
- 砂糖 大さじ２ (2 tablespoons of sugar)
- みりん 大さじ２ (2 tablespoons of mirin , this a *MUST*. don’t skim on this)
- 醤油 大さじ３ (3 tablespoon of soya. I just regular Chinese ligh soya. don’ t need special soya)
- Cut chicken in same size pieces (so they will cook evenly). Slice the onion thinly. Also cut the mushroom in bite-size pieces
- Add a couple tablespoon of water in a medium size sauce pan and put on the stove on high.
- Open a can of soup and dump in the sauce pan, then add all rest of the seasoning.
- Wait until boil then put in onion.
- Wait until boil again and add chicken and mushroom.
- Cook in medium heat for 10 mins. You can turn off the heat now.
- Lightly beat one to one and half egg per person.
- In another stove, use a small sauce pan or a special oyakodon pan like the one in my picture. Put in a above half a cup of cooked chicken + soup and wait for it to boil.
- Add one person portion of egg the boiling sauce. Stir in the centre slightly and turn off the heat.
- Pour this on top of a bowl of rice and enjoy!