I love it whenever my own “wing it” recipe and and work out nicely!
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 10 pieces of candied ginger (cut into a tiny fine pieces)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (cut into smaller pieces)
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 cups of AP flour
- 2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 block (250g) cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- sift flour, baking powder, baking soda salt together in a big bowl and set aside
- butter and flour muffin tin or a 10” Bundt pan
- put butter into stand mixer bowl, beat in high for a few seconds with paddle to soften butter
- reduce to medium and gradually add half of the sugar
- stop the mixer and then add the cream cheese
- continue to beat in medium and add in rest of the sugar. occasionally scrap down the bottom of the mixing bowl
- beat for at least 5 minutes until butter/cream cheese mixture is fluffy
- add lemon juice & ginger, then gradually add the eggs (one at a time)
- stop the mixing bowl once the batter is all well incorporated
- preheat oven to 350F
- take the mixing bowl out and use a spatula to fold in the flour (I like the fold in the flour in 3 batches)
- when last batch of flour is mostly incorporated, add in the candied ginger and cranberries.
- bake for 30 minutes until top is golden brown and toothpick come out clean.
Let the coffee cakes cool in the pan for 5 minutes
Then invert all the coffee cakes on cooling rack and let it completely cool down for an hour.
Then make a simple lemon glaze with 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and 1 cup of icing sugar. Just mix then together until smooth, and drizzle on the coffee cakes.
I just love the texture! Not too hard, not too soft. Just perfect and smell truly wonderful.
Give this recipe and try and let me know how it turn out for you!