Browsing my list of recipe and find I actually never post the most basic cookie recipe. This is because I never come across a recipe that I really like the result until I found this from very interesting post about “A Day in the Life of an Intern-Making the Perfect Chocolate Chips Cookie“. It is so neat to have peak into such a “sweet” intern job.
Here is the ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups of butter (I used unsalted butter, so I added in 1/4 teaspoon of salt to the recipe)
- 1 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 1/4 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 cup of chocolate chips ( I used 1 cup of chocolate chips + 1 cup of chocolate fudge chips)
Bake for 10 to 11 minutes until beautifully golden brown.
I am very happy with the result of the cookie. I like using both baking powder and baking soda for a slightly more puffy cookie. Using just baking soda will result in much flatter and crispier cookie which not the way I like it. I will definitely make this recipe again but I need to find a way to reduce sugar without affecting resulting texture. 2 1/2 cup of sugar + brown sugar is indeed too much. Too sweet for my taste.